We, HealthNow, Inc. (“Company” or “We”), are committed to providing you with a wonderful customer experience. We know how important your information is to you, and we want you to know that you can trust us to protect it.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Throughout our relationship with you, we may collect and use your information to allow us to provide you with our products and services. When we do so, we will let you know exactly what information we are collecting, why, and what basis under the law, apart from consent, we rely on.
Collection of Personal Information
As a customer of the Company, you give your express consent to our collecting, use, processing, sharing, storing and protecting of your Personal Information. This consent shall remain in effect until you withdraw consent to specific activities done on your behalf, or your subscription expires or terminates.
Your data that we collect, process, use, and share are either “Personal Information” as defined under the Act or non-Personal Information:
(1) ”Personal Information” is any information from which the identity of an individual may be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual, such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone/mobile number, email address and proof of identification. It also includes information about:
(a) medical and health information;
(b) the services provided to you, such as, call, video call/SMS details, location information (in the event that you avail of services that would require your location information that is reasonably necessary to fulfill the services availed of or as required under the rules and regulations of the relevant government agency), payment information, and certain information about your telemedicine consultation, pharmacy orders, and other healthcare services provided through the Company, as required by law;
(c) the location of your device whenever it is switched on, if you subscribe to location-based services, subject to coverage limitations; and
(d) your use of our service, service experience, and other service issues to help us improve the quality of our services, determine tailored content, and for other legitimate business purposes.
(2) “Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not identify you on an individual basis, and includes statistical and analytical data, and anonymous and aggregated reports.
We may also request you to update your Personal Information at our website and/or Application from time to time. Should you be unable to supply us with the Personal Information requested for, we may be unable to provide you with products and services you wish to subscribe to, and updates on the Company’s latest offerings. You may also be unable to participate in our events, promotions or other activities.
Use of Personal Information
We collect your information through our physical and digital application forms when you avail of our products and services. As a customer of and until you terminate your engagement with the Company, you continue to consent to our using your Personal Information as follows:
(1) to validate your identity when you use our products and services;
(2) to provide you with the requested service, customer care and support;
(3) to manage your account and billing, maintain service quality and security;
(4) to create and offer new products, services, and value-added services based on your behavior and preferences;
(5) to send you advisories, personalized advertisements, service offers, gifts, and freebies from the Company and our affiliates and partners;
(6) to help us improve the quality of our products and services;
(7) to generate data needed to enhance your customer experience and personalize content to meet your preferences and needs;
(8) to enable you to register with and subscribe to the Service;
(9) to avail of the services of the Licensed Healthcare Providers or Service Providers;
(10) to enhance your customer experience and identify tailored content to meet your preferences and needs;
(11) to abide by any safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes;
(12) to notify you when of website and App updates are available;
(13) to send you information about additional healthcare services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
(14) to improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities;
(15) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information;
(16) to comply with the requirements of the law and legal process, such as a court order; to comply with a legal obligation; or to prevent imminent harm to public security, safety, or order; and
(17) to comply with any obligation to you in accordance with your written authorization.
Only Personal Information necessary for the services which the Company offers and which you have subscribed to will be obtained from you and processed to enable you to avail of the Services. Additional Personal Information may be required from you should you desire to avail of the other products and services offered.
We also use ---
(1) your Non-Personal Information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes to create anonymous and aggregated reports.
(2) your service usage and performance information to create customer profiles that reflect insights on your preferences and usage activity. We use automated processes to produce these insights to choose the relevant products and services we offer to you and to maintain, regulate, and improve service quality and access.
We commit to process your Personal Information fairly and lawfully, in a manner that will be transparent to you, to allow you the option to know the nature and extent of processing.
We will seek your consent in case we will use or process your Personal Information for any purpose other than those listed above, or if required by Law or our Policy
You may avail of our broadcast messages relevant to you through written correspondence, text messaging, internet, or other similar means of communication. You may also change your mind at any time and opt out of receiving them by contacting the Company’s hotline 79880 for Globe/TM mobile; 02-77988000 for landline and other mobile networks, and https://www.facebook.com/iamwellness.rep.3 on Facebook Messenger.
We collect cookies, web beacons, small data text files, or similar technologies primarily to ensure that the core functions of our website and apps are optimally accessible to you. However, depending on your preferences, we may also collect and use this information for behavioral analytics to personalize our marketing campaigns.
As far as our customers are concerned, the Company will be responsible for any breach, committed by these contracted third parties, of the Policy, of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (the “Act”) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (the “IRRs”) or of other relevant laws.
It is our policy to never share your information with any third-party unless we obtain your consent or are otherwise required or allowed by law to do so. In any case, we will let you know exactly what we are sharing, why, and what basis under the law, apart from consent, we rely on, before we do so.
Sharing of Personal Information.
In order to provide the Services you requested, we may share some of your Personal Information to our Partners. In particular:
(1) If you avail of the Services, the following Personal Information will be shared to: (a) healthcare providers or (b) healthcare institutions, to allow them to render the consultation services and monitor your condition:
(b) Date of Birth
(e) Civil Status
(g) Medical History and Conditions
(h) Medical concerns subject of the telemedicine consultation
(j) Telephone number
(k) Mobile number
(l) Location information
(m) E-mail; and
(n) Results of telemedicine consultation, including previous results in order to provide a complete picture of your medical history and condition.
(2) If you avail of our medicine delivery service, the following Personal Information will be shared to: third-party pharmacies, which supplies your medicine and provides your pharmacy requirements:
(c) Locational information
(d) Mobile number
(3) If you avail of the pickup and delivery service our designated logistics provider, which provides the logistics/courier services for medicines purchased:
(b) Location information
(c) Mobile number
(4) If you avail of clinic booking services, the following Personal Information will be shared to third-party clinic or laboratories matched with you for clinic bookings, with whom your clinic schedule will be booked:
(b) Mobile number
(d) Date of birth
(f) Location information
(g) Medical concern subject of the booking services availed of
(h) Medical history and conditions
(5) If you avail of diagnostic testing booking services, the following Personal Information will be shared to third party clinics or laboratories matched with you for diagnostic testing bookings, with whom your diagnostic testing schedule will be booked:
(b) Mobile number
(d) Date of birth
(f) Location information
(g) Type of diagnostic testing subject of the booking services availed of
(h) Medical concern subject of the booking services availed of
(i) Medical history and conditions.
(j) Lab referral from your doctor/physician
Protection of Personal Information
We respect your privacy. We take paramount care in protecting your Personal Information. As such, we secure and protect your Personal Information with proper safeguards to ensure confidentiality and privacy; prevent loss, theft, or use for unauthorized purposes; and comply with the requirements of the Law, specifically the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and related laws, circulars, and issuances.
As communications over the internet may not be secure, we take reasonable and appropriate security measures that use a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information. For example, we protect and keep your information submitted through our website and/or Application safe using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption, and other appropriate security controls. When you enter your information through our website and/or, we encrypt that information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the internet. We regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our system and unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we are in possession of.
We only permit your Personal Information to be accessed or processed by our authorized personnel who will have access to and hold such information under strict confidentiality. We restrict access to information to selected and qualified the Company employees, contractors, and agents, including the Healthcare Provider and Partners, who have a “need-to-know” in order to process this information, who are subject to strict contractual and technical safeguards and are accountable to the law, the customers, and to the Company, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We keep our records as accurate as possible. If your Personal Information needs to be corrected or updated, and for as long as you are registered as our customer, you may access your account details and correct your Personal Information by contacting the Company’s Wellness Representative through Company’s hotline 79880 for Globe/TM mobile; 02-77988000 for landline and other mobile networks, and https://www.facebook.com/iamwellness.rep.3 on Facebook Messenger.
We keep your Personal Information in our records, as may be applicable, for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which data was obtained, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law for fifteen (15) years in relation to your medical records pursuant to the Joint Administrative Order No. 2016-002 of Department of Health, Department of Science and Technology, and the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation. Disposition of Personal Information shall be done in accordance with the law, in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or to ensure that disposed information is not accessible to the public.
Your Personal Information remains your property. We are not responsible for information, content, application, product, or service that we do not own or provide. We will take all measures to fight spam, fraud or any unauthorized messages that may attempt to or do traverse our network.
Rights as Our Customer
We are mindful of your rights under Republic Act No. 10173 or the “Data Privacy Act of 2012”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (the “IRRs”) or of other relevant data privacy laws (collectively, the Data Privacy Laws”) and that you should be the ultimate decision-maker on matters involving your Personal Information.
When you signed up to be a customer of the Company, and for as long as you are a customer, you consented to, and until your subscription expires or is terminated, you continue to consent to, our collecting, processing, using, sharing, storing, and eventually destroying of your Personal Information for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you have subscribed to or may want to subscribe to as well as for other uses identified in section (Rights as our Customer) of this Policy.
All throughout the term of your engagement with the Company, you may at any time exercise your right to revise the Personal Information you have given, refuse access, processing, or use of your Personal Information, withdraw consent previously given to the access, processing or use of your Personal Information, or object to the same. You are aware that by withdrawing your consent, or objecting to the processing of your Customer Data, the Company will not be able to provide you with the products and services you have subscribed to or may want to subscribe to.
Information provided to you via the Company’s website and/or Application will be in clear and plain language to ensure that this information is easy to understand and access.
You have the right to seek indemnity for damages sustained, if any, due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your Personal Information.
Should you feel that there has been mishandling or misuse of your Personal Information, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company respects the right of its subsidiaries and affiliates to implement their respective privacy policies and practices. However, the Company is one in its commitment to uphold the following Privacy Principles:
a. Openness, Transparency, and Notice. We are open and honest with you and will ensure that you are provided with clear, prominent, and timely information regarding our data privacy practices. We will inform you about the collection, access, sharing, and further use of your information.
b. Purpose and Use. We will limit the access, collection, sharing, disclosure, and further use of your information to meet legitimate and/or legal purposes.
c. User Choice and Control. We will give you opportunities to exercise meaningful choice and control over your information.
d. Data Minimization and Retention. We will collect, access, and use only the minimum information necessary to meet legitimate business purposes and to deliver, provision, maintain, or develop products and services. Information will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or for legitimate business or legal purposes.
e. Respect User Rights. You will be provided with information about and an easy means to exercise your rights over the use of your information.
f. Security. Your information will be protected using reasonable safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the data.
g. Education. You will be provided with information about privacy and security issues and ways to manage and protect your privacy.
h. Children. We will ensure that the collection, access, and use of children’s information is appropriate in all given circumstances and compatible with applicable law.
i. Accountability and Enforcement. All responsible persons and/or entities will be accountable for ensuring that these privacy principles are met.
8. How To Reach Us.
Should you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights or have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices, you may contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
3rd Floor Globe Telecom Plaza 2,
Pioneer Street corner Madison Street
Mandaluyong City, Philippines 1550
Email address: email@example.com
Hotline: (02) 7798-8000