KonsultaMD Frequently Asked Question
All about KonsultaMD
1. What is KonsultaMD?
KonsultaMD is a 24/7 health hotline service manned by skilled and licensed Filipino doctors who provide medical assessment and information, including basic healthcare and advice on permissible medication over the phone.
2. What are the product features of KonsultaMD?
Unlimited instant access to licensed medical professionals through our hotline, anytime from anywhere
Consult a doctor through a video call
Get answers to general medical questions
Receive e-Prescription and/or e-Lab request via SMS or Printable copy
Get Basic Mental Health advice.
Our Mobile App can do the following:
keep your consultation history
set reminders and track your medication
for women, keep track of your menstrual cycle
4. What kind of medical information will I receive?
Telephone triage ("triage" in medical use means determining the urgency of your situation — i.e. whether it is an emergency or non-emergency)
Medical information for primary conditions (defined as cough, fever, cold, flu, pink eye/sore eyes, sinus infections, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, rashes, allergies, asthma), maternity, pediatrics and other conditions
First aid advice
Interpretation of, and information on, lab and diagnostic results
5. How do I get an e-Prescription and e-Laboratory request?
After you consult a doctor in KonsultaMD and the doctor sees the need to prescribe medicine/s or test/s, an e-Prescription and/or e-Laboratory request will be sent to you via SMS. If you have the KonsultaMD mobile app and are subscribed, you will receive a digital copy of your e-Prescription and/or e-Laboratory request in the mobile app.
6. What are the benefits of KonsultaMD?
Save time - our hotline is accessible anytime
No need to travel - you can call us from anywhere
Get professional advice - you will get to talk to a licensed Filipino doctor
Get immediate medical attention
Save money with our flexible and affordable plans
7. What other benefits are in store as a KonsultaMD subscriber?
KonsultaMD has partnerships with various healthcare service providers including hospitals, clinics
and laboratories. As a KonsultaMD member, you can enjoy discounts at the following establishments:
- 10% OFF on selected AIDE Services
- Free Delivery of Medicine
- Free Membership with FamilyDoc
- 10% OFF on Laboratory and Imaging Services
- FamilyDoc members are entitled to an MD consult discounted rate of P395.00 with 1 FREE follow up check up within 7 days"
- 10% OFF for a minimum purchase of Php 150
- P150 OFF on first purchase only; no minimum purchase required
- 5% OFF on all laboratory tests
- 50% OFF on EQR (Emergency Quick Response) service within Metro Manila
- Up to 20% OFF on selected dental services
- 5% OFF on Emergency Services in ALL Qualimed Hospitals
- 5% OFF on selected procedures and tests in all Qualimed clinic network
ASIAN EYE INSTITUTE
20% OFF on comprehensive eye check up
10% OFF on Lasike eye screening
CURVES ALL WOMEN’S FITNESS GYM
Free 13th month membership after 12 consecutive months
PROHEALTH SPORTS AND SPINAL PHYSIOTHERAPY CENTER
15% OFF per session
THE BROW STUDIO
10% OFF on brow clean up and design
Available in selected malls nationwide
9. Who can assist me if I have other questions about KonsultaMD?
You may contact one of our Wellness Representatives through either our hotline, email, or Facebook page. To get these contact details, please click here.
1. Who are eligible to subscribe?
Anyone who is eighteen (18) years old or above
2. I am not a Globe customer. Can I subscribe to the KonsultaMD service?
Yes, you can! We encourage you to become a Globe/TM customer so you can enjoy speaking to our doctors with no call charges. Please click here to subscribe.
3. When does my subscription end?
All Globe and TM users who subscribe and choose to pay by charging their bill or load are auto-renewed. All those who subscribe and choose to pay by credit card are auto-renewed. All those who subscribe and choose to pay by GCash, PayMaya, and other available over the counter payment centers, subscriptions end according to the subscription plan selected at the time of payment.
4. How do I reactivate my cancelled or suspended KonsultaMD subscription?
Please call the KonsultaMD hotline 24/7 at (02) 7798 8000 to reactivate cancelled or suspended subscriptions.
5. If I change my mobile number, what will happen to my KonsultaMD subscription?
Your subscription may get suspended, so we encourage you to contact our Wellness Representatives through either our hotline, email, or Facebook page. To get these contact details, please click here.
6. Can I still use KonsultaMD service even if my mobile number is temporarily disconnected?
You can still use the service through the hotline, at (02) 7798 8000 , within 30 days after the last charge. After which, the subscription will be suspended if upon charging the postpaid is still temporarily disconnected.
7. How many times can I consult in a week or a month? Is this unlimited consultations?
You can call KonsultaMD as many times as you want and there is no limit to the number of consultations within the period of your subscription. For video consults, some subscription plans comes with a number of video balance, which you can use to do a video consult with a KonsultaMD doctor. When you need more video balance, you may purchase them at a nominal fee.
8. How do I subscribe?
You may subscribe in any of the following ways:
9. I accidentally subscribed to the wrong KonsultaMD plan, can you revert my transaction please?
We have a “No Return” policy on valid registered transactions. Please ensure that you choose the correct KonsultaMD plan.
10. I want to stop my KonsultaMD subscription. How do I unsubscribe?
To cancel your subscription, you may do this in any of the following ways:
If you already have our mobile app and have registered, you can cancel your subscription in our mobile app
or you can call the KonsultaMD hotline at (02) 7798 8000 from 8:00AM to 11:00PM and speak to a Wellness Representative to request for cancellation
or you may send your request by SMS: send “KONSULTAMD STOP” to 2656
11. When does my subscription start?
Your subscription starts as soon as you've received an email or text confirming the activation of your subscription.
12. How do I renew my subscription?
All Globe and TM users who subscribe and choose to pay by charging their bill or load are auto-renewed
All those who subscribe and choose to pay by credit card are auto-renewed
All those who subscribe and choose to pay by GCash, PayMaya, and other available over the counter payment centers, subscriptions may be renewed through the following ways:
if you already have our mobile app and have registered, you can renew through our mobile app
through our website (www.konsulta.md)
through our hotline (02) 7798 8000
13. Can I have more than one subscription?
Yes, you can. Please review the available subscription options at www.konsulta.md/Subscribe, or call (02) 7798 8000.
14. How do I use the service?
Once you’ve received a text confirming your subscription is active, you may immediately use the service by calling the KonsultaMD hotline 24/7 at (02) 7798 8000 .
If you already have our app and have registered, you have the option to call or do a video consult with a KonsultaMD doctor.
15. Are there call charges and what are they?
Please note of the following applicable call charges:
Calls from a Globe/TM mobile are FREE
Calls from a landline within Metro Manila are FREE
Calls from a Globe landline nationwide are FREE
Calls from non-Globe/TM mobile are charged cross network rates
Calls from non-Globe landline outside of Metro Manila are charged NDD rates
Calls from outside the Philippines are charged IDD rates
If performing a video consult, data charges may apply.
1. I already called and consulted a doctor. Can I call again and ask for a second opinion from another doctor?
While there is no guarantee that your call will be routed to another doctor, it is always a good idea to get a second opinion if you can. Please make sure to provide any new information you may have not mentioned or forgotten when you first called KonsultaMD.
2. Is it possible to get information on the nearest specialist or doctor in a clinic/hospital?
Yes. Please advise our doctors of your location and they will do their best to provide you with information of a nearby physician.
3. I liked how the last doctor I talked to handled my concern. Can I request for the same doctor the next time I call?
Due to the volume of calls, there is no guarantee that your call will be routed to the same doctor. Similarly, selection of a preferred doctor is not allowed. Rest assured that all doctors in KonsultaMD are properly trained to take your call and will have access to your medical history on every call.
4. How sure am I that I’ll get an accurate assessment if the doctor can’t see me?
KonsultaMD is composed of skilled and licensed doctors. They will only provide initial assessment which should not replace actual/physical assessment. Rest assured that the doctor who’ll handle your call will inform you if there is a need to see a doctor face-to-face.
5. Can I call KonsultaMD if I need an ambulance? (e.g. I’ve been in an accident, emergency purposes)
Yes, for Metro Manila area. While KonsultaMD is NOT an emergency hotline, in the event of an emergency KonsultaMD doctors can connect with our partner ambulance provider – Lifeline Ambulance Rescue, Inc. As a KonsultaMD subscriber you will enjoy a special discount on Lifeline services. Please note that any billing and payment requirements should be settled directly with Lifeline Ambulance Rescue, Inc.
About the App
1. I am an existing KonsultaMD member. How can I register to the Application?
Launch KonsultaMD application via Web or Mobile
For Web, navigate to this link (http://126.96.36.199/register/subscribed) and enter the required details to register.
For Mobile, click on "No account yet? Click here" link and then Click on "Already subscribed? Register here". Enter the required details to register.