What is KonsultaMD?
KonsultaMD is a telemedicine service that provides 24/7 access to licensed doctors to address your general and mental health concerns, no appointment needed. You can consult a doctor via chat, voice or video call from the comfort of your home.
What are the key features of KonsultaMD?
- 24/7 Telemedicine Consults. Talk to a licensed general physician anytime via chat, voice or video call, no appointment needed.
- Primary Medical Advice. Get primary medical advice on basic healthcare, primary conditions such as cough, fever, cold, allergies, and permissible medication over the phone.
- General Health Information and/or Diagnostics Interpretation. KonsultaMD doctors provide information on any health-related inquiry, which includes the interpretation of laboratory results and diagnostic examinations.
- Access to e-Medical Documents. KonsultaMD doctors may provide important medical documents such as e-prescription, e-laboratory request, and e-medical certificate upon the doctor’s discretion. These are accessible through the KonsultaMD app.
- Immediate Access to Doctors. Consult a doctor with a guaranteed wait time of 5 minutes or get your money back when you use a Fast Pass.
- Mental Health Support. Receive mental health first-aid support through KonsultaMD’s licensed psychologists, trained to take care of your mental well-being.
How can I be assured that I am talking to a licensed doctor?
KonsultaMD screens all its applicant doctors and ensures that these doctors have a PRC license prior to hiring. KonsultaMD also conducts rigorous trainings for its licensed doctors for their continuing medical education (CME) to maintain their competence in providing quality healthcare for you.
Note: CME is the process by which health professionals engage in activities or webinars to support their continuing professional development.
Do you also have specialized doctors on KonsultaMD?
Yes, we also have a variety of specialized doctors. You may book an appointment through the app if you’re a KonsultaMD member.
KonsultaMD Pay Per Consult Products
What is the difference between KonsultaMD Health Plans and KonsultaMD Pay per Consult products?
KonsultaMD Health Plans are subscription-based and are paid per month or per year depending on the kind of plan you purchase.
Pay per Consult products are paid on a per consult basis. You do not need to be a KonsultaMD Health Plan member in order to avail of these products.
How do I avail of KonsultaChat?
You may avail of the KonsultaChat Service in a few easy steps:
- Log in the KonsultaMD app using your mobile number
- Click KonsultaChat on the dashboard
- Fill up the consultation form
- Pay for the consult via credit card or GCash
- You will be redirected to a chat window where you will need to verify your identity
- A doctor will attend to you shortly and you may proceed with your consultation
How do I avail of a Fast Pass or Mental Health Video Consult?
You may purchase these services directly through the app or website by following these steps:
- Visit the KonsultaMD app.
- Click FAST PASS or MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT on the dashboard.
- Fill up the consultation form.
- Pay for the consult via Visa/Mastercard or GCash.
- Proceed with your video consult.
Our Pay per Consult products are also available on Lazada, Shopee, shopKUMU, and GLife.
What will happen if the KonsultaChat, Fast Pass or Mental Health consult gets cut and is not completed?
In case the consultation does not get completed, users may request for a refund by calling the hotline at (02) 7798 800 or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will validate your refund request within 48 hours.
Note that refunds are on a case-to-case basis and each requested refund will be subject to investigation by our KonsultaMD wellness representative.
How long will it take to get my refund back?
- For payments made via credit card, the refund will be credited back to the same Credit Card used for the payment. Please be advised that your refund will reflect depending on your issuing bank's billing policies.
- For payments made via GCash, the refund will be credited back to the same GCash account used for the payment within 48 hours. If you don't receive a refund within 48 hours, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can follow this up with our payment provider.
Do I need to have an existing KonsultaMD Health Plan to use Pay per Consult products?
Anyone can avail of the KonsultaChat, Fast Pass or the Mental Health Support consultation as long as you have the latest version of the KonsultaMD app, and you’ve completed registration via the app. A health plan is not needed to use this feature.
What is KonsultaChat?
KonsultaChat allows you to consult with a general physician over chat 24/7, no appointment needed.
How much is KonsultaChat?
KonsultaChat costs only P199 per consultation. You may pay via credit card or GCash to avail of the service.
I need to show my doctor something in relation to my consult (e-Laboratory results, pictures of concern, etc.), will I be able to do so during the chat consultation?
Yes, there is an option to upload photos and other media. Simply attach the file and send it through the chat box.
Can I personally select my doctor?
Due to the volume of chat consults, selecting a doctor of your choice is not available. Rest assured that all KonsultaMD doctors are well-trained to take your queries over chat.
Is there a time-limit or message limit to the chat service?
There is no time limit nor limit to the number of messages that you can send during your chat consultation. However, to ensure that our doctors are able to respond to all waiting users, your chat session will be ended if the doctor does not receive a response from you after 30 minutes from their last message.
Can my dependent consult using KonsultaChat?
Yes, your dependent can also consult using Konsulta chat through the following steps:
- Purchase a consultation for your dependent
- Inform the doctor that it will be your dependent who will use the service
- Give your dependent’s details, ensure that it matches the information in their dependent’s profile on the app
- Start with KonsultaChat for your dependent
- Only one patient may consult per paid session
What will happen if the app crashes, will I still be able to continue the chat consult?
Yes. Simply log into the app again and click KonsultaChat on the dashboard to return to your chat consultation.
I got busy and forgot to respond to the doctor. Why am I being prompted to pay again when I click the KonsultaChat tile on the dashboard?
To ensure that our doctors are able to respond to all waiting users, chat sessions will be ended and closed if the doctor does not receive a response from the patient after 30 minutes from the last message sent by the doctor.
How come I don’t see the KonsultaChat section in my KonsultaMD app?
KonsultaChat is available in the latest update of the KonsultaMD app. Please visit your phone applications store to install the latest version of the app.
What happens if no doctor attends to me?
Our doctors are notified as soon as you start messaging on the KonsultaChat room and rest assured, a doctor will respond to you as soon as you confirm that you’ve read the disclaimer for the consultation.
What happens if the doctor I’m consulting with suddenly doesn’t reply?
We always ensure that there is a doctor assigned to you during your consultation. If a doctor suddenly doesn’t respond due to valid reasons (e.g. connectivity issues), a new doctor will be assigned to you and will continue the consultation.
What is a Fast Pass?
Fast Pass is a premium VIP lane for KonsultaMD’s video consults. For only P500 per consult, you can consult a general physician with a waiting time of less than 5 minutes guaranteed or we refund your money back to you.*
*Specific refund instructions can be found below.
What happens if the waiting time for the Fast Pass consult exceeds 5 minutes?
There will be a timer on the app that shows how long you have been waiting for a doctor. Once the timer reaches 5 minutes, you may opt to exit the waiting room and claim your refund. You will receive a refund notification via SMS once you’ve been successfully refunded.
Please note that you will only be refunded if you choose to exit the waiting room after 5 minutes and you did not proceed with the consultation.
Mental Health Support
What is Mental Health Support?
Mental Health (MH) Support offers 24/7 online consultation with KonsultaMD’s licensed psychologists, no appointment needed. With MH Support, you will be provided with answers to your mental health inquiries and a possible direction for your mental health journey.
I availed the Mental Health Support. Can I get a diagnosis?
Yes, you will be able to get a working diagnosis. This is greatly dependent on the information you will share but it may require more time to arrive at a diagnosis. The psychologist may recommend further sessions, or you may also request for further psychological assessment.
Can an online psychologist prescribe psychiatric medication?
Psychologists cannot prescribe medications as their degrees are doctor of philosophy/master of arts in psychology. Psychologists may refer you to a psychiatrist who is allowed to prescribe medications if needed.
I want to talk to someone, but I am not clinically diagnosed with any mental health problems. Should I still avail of this service?
Definitely! You can explore more about yourself, your well being, career, and a lot more as this is all part of your mental health.
Is the Mental Health Support different from other KonsultaMD plans?
Yes, Mental Health Support allows you to consult with a psychologist while our Health Plans allow you to consult with a general physician.
How long is the duration of the consultation?
This would depend on your concerns but usual consultation lasts within 15 to 45 minutes.
Do you have a gifting feature?
Yes, you may purchase Fast Pass (FP) and Mental Health (MH) voucher codes for your loved ones through the KonsultaMD app and website.
Do I need to have an existing KonsultaMD Health Plan to give a gift?
No. As long as you have a valid KonsultaMD account, you can give a gift.
How do I give a gift?
You may purchase doctor consultations for your loved ones by following these steps:
- Click BUY NOW on the Give the Gift of Health banner on the homepage of the KonsultaMD app or website.
- Select the Pay per Consult product you want to give as a gift.
- Enter the mobile number of the person you'd like to give this gift to and pay for the product via the selected payment option.
- The recipient will receive an SMS notification once the order has been successfully placed. You may also check the status of your order by clicking VIEW ORDER DETAILS.
As a recipient, how will I be able to use the gift given to me?
You may claim your gifts through the following steps:
- Download the KonsultaMD App available on Google Play, App Store, or Huawei AppGallery.
- Register using the mobile number that received the SMS notification with the gift voucher code.
- From the dropdown, select and claim the gift voucher code you would like to use.
- Select “Proceed” or “Use Later,” depending on when you want to avail of the service.
Why can’t I see any gift vouchers in my KonsultaMD web account?
Fast Pass voucher gifts may only be used via the KonsultaMD mobile app. Once you login through the KMD mobile app, you will see the Fast Pass gift voucher there.
If you are a registered dependent under another primary KonsultaMD account, your voucher code will be available via the primary account.
My Fast Pass / Mental Health gift voucher was already used but my consultation got cut. What should I do?
If you were not able to complete your consultation, please contact our hotline at (02) 7798 8000 or email us at email@example.com so we can check on the status of your consultation. Upon verification, we will issue you a replacement voucher code which you may use to complete your consultation.
KonsultaMD Health Plans
What benefits will I get from buying a KonsultaMD Health Plan?
- Our doctors are always on call 24/7. Consult anytime via voice or video call.
- Unlimited voice consults. Call as many times as you want.
- No appointment needed. Talk to a doctor immediately.
- No need to leave your home. Consult with a doctor at the comfort of your own home.
- Get discounted offers from KonsultaMD's healthcare partners including hospitals, clinics, and laboratories. You may visit the Our Partners page to learn more.
What are the available Health Plans on KonsultaMD?
KonsultaMD offers the following Health Plans:
- PERSONAL 499
- 12 Months Membership
- 1 Member
- 12 Video Consults
- PARTNER 799
- 12 Months Membership
- 2 Members
- 24 Video Consults
- FAMILY 999
- 12 Months Membership
- 5 Members
- 48 Video Consults
All Health Plans include UNLIMITED Voice Consult, access to e-Prescription, e-Laboratory Request, and e-Medical Certificate, as well as access to Partner Benefits.
How do I purchase a KonsultaMD Health Plan?
You may purchase a Health Plan directly through the app or website. Here's how:
- Download the app from Google Play, the App Store, or Huawei AppGallery.
- Register using your mobile number and create your profile.
- Choose your Health Plan.
- Select your payment method.
- You can now start consulting a doctor via voice or video call.
You can also check out our How-To video here.
What are the payment methods available?
- Recurring Payment - automatically renewed every week or month depending on the type of health plan
- Charge to Bill / Load for Globe and TM Users
- Credit Card
- One-Time Payment
When can I start consulting with a doctor?
Your membership immediately starts as soon as your payment has been successfully confirmed.
How do I consult with a doctor?
- For Voice Consults, you may call KonsultaMD (02) 7798 8000 (Globe/TM) or 0919 056 0702 (Smart)
- For Video Consults, follow the steps below:
- Visit the TALK TO A DOCTOR page on the app or website.
- Click VIDEO CALL.
- Input the reason for your consultation and attach supporting files if any, then click ENTER WAITING ROOM.
- Consult a doctor.
Note: If performing a video consult on the app, data charges may apply if you are not connected to a WiFi network.
Are there call charges when I call the hotline?
See table below for the applicable call charges:
- NDD - National Direct Dialing
- Calls from outside the Philippines are charged International Direct Dialing (IDD) Rates
How do I book an appointment with a specialized doctor?
You may book through following these steps:
- Visit the TALK TO A DOCTOR page on the app or website.
- Select the VIDEO CALL WITH A SPECIALIST option, choose your preferred doctor and schedule, and book your appointment.
- Pay for the consultation via Visa/Mastercard or GCash.
- Once payment has been processed, visit the app on your scheduled appointment date to consult with the specialist.
How much does a specialist consultation cost?
Consultation fees vary depending on the doctor and specialization. You may click on the VIDEO CALL WITH A SPECIALIST button on the Talk to Our Doctors page to view their individual fees.
I bought a Health Plan for more than one (1) member. How do I add my dependents?
You may create a separate profile for your dependents by following these steps:
- Log in using the primary account’s mobile number.
- Click VIEW MY PROFILE on the dashboard.
- Select the ADD DEPENDENT option.
- Fill out the necessary information, then click SAVE PROFILE to finish.
How can my dependents do a video consult using the app?
Dependents can do video consults in just a few steps:
- Log in using the primary account’s mobile number.
- Select GO TO MY PROFILE while logged on to the primary holder’s account.
- Swipe to the dependent profile you want to use.
- Select the back arrow on the upper left corner of the app to return to the main page.
- Click TALK TO A DOCTOR.
- Click VIDEO CALL.
- Input reason for calling a doctor.
- Your dependent can now start consulting a doctor.
Claiming your KonsultaMD Voucher Code
I have a Health Plan or Pay per Consult voucher code, how do I use it?
For new KonsultaMD users
- Download the app on Google Play, the App Store, or Huawei AppGallery.
- Register with your mobile number and then create your profile.
- You will receive a pop-up for activation through a voucher code. Click CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE A VOUCHER CODE and enter your code.
- Click TALK TO OUR DOCTORS to start consulting a doctor.
For existing KonsultaMD users
- Under the I HAVE A VOUCHER CODE section on the dashboard, enter the code and click APPLY.
- You may now start consulting a doctor by visiting the TALK TO OUR DOCTORS page.
Can I apply multiple voucher codes at the same time?
Only one (1) voucher code may be applied on the input field of the voucher code at a time.
I already have an existing KonsultaMD Health Plan. Can I still claim my voucher code?
You can claim a Pay per Consult voucher code anytime even if you have an existing KonsultaMD Health Plan.
For KonsultaMD Health Plan vouchers, you can claim your voucher code given the following conditions:
- Your existing KonsultaMD Health Plan is the same as the Health Plan the voucher code corresponds to. (Example: Your current Health Plan is the Group150 Plan and the voucher code also corresponds to the Group150 Plan)
- Your existing KonsultaMD Health Plan is NOT a recurring subscription and it was not purchased on the app using Globe bill/load or credit card as payment method.
Note that if the conditions above are not met, the voucher code will NOT be accepted by the system.
How many attempts do I have to input my voucher code?
You have three (3) attempts to input your voucher code. If you enter an invalid voucher code three (3) consecutive times, the voucher code field will automatically be disabled and you may only try inputting your voucher code again after 24 hours.
I received a specialist voucher code. How do I use it?
You may use the code by following these steps:
- Click BOOK A SPECIALIST on the TALK TO A DOCTOR page of the app.
- Select the doctor and book your appointment.
- Enter the voucher code upon checkout.
- Go to the app on your scheduled appointment date to consult with the specialist.
Note: Voucher codes provided by KonsultaMD partners are subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the partner.
Who is eligible to become a member of KonsultaMD?
Anyone who is eighteen (18) years old or above.
Can someone under eighteen (18) years old consult a doctor on KonsultaMD?
Yes, as long as he/she is accompanied by a guardian that is a KonsultaMD member during the consultation.
I am not a Globe user. Can I still be a KonsultaMD member?
Yes, KonsultaMD is available for all networks. We encourage you to become a Globe/TM customer so you can enjoy consulting our doctors with NO call charges.
If I change my mobile number, what will happen to my KonsultaMD Health Plan?
Your Health Plan may get suspended, so we encourage you to contact our Wellness Representatives through the hotline at (02) 7798 8000
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also give us a chat on our Facebook page
Can I still use KonsultaMD service even if my mobile number is temporarily disconnected?
You can still use the service through the hotline at (02) 7798 8000 within thirty (30) days from the date we charged your postpaid bill. After thirty (30) days, if your mobile number is still disconnected, your Health Plan will be suspended.
I accidentally purchased the wrong KonsultaMD Health Plan, can I still get a refund?
We have a No Refund Policy on valid registered transactions. Please ensure that you choose the correct KonsultaMD Health Plan.
Can I change or upgrade my Health Plan in the middle of an existing membership plan?
Yes, you can change your Health Plan in just a few steps:
- Visit the MY HEALTH PLAN page on the app or website.
- Select “CLICK HERE” to cancel your existing Health Plan.
- Go back to the Subscription page and choose your new Health Plan.
- A pop-up with our payment facility will appear. Enter your details for payment.
- Once the payment is successfully done, your new Health Plan will be activated.
I want to cancel my KonsultaMD Health Plan. How do I cancel it?
You can cancel your health plan through the app. Just visit the MY HEALTH PLAN page and select CLICK HERE to cancel.
Can I select a doctor when I call?
Due to the volume of calls, selecting a doctor of your choice is currently not allowed. Rest assured that all KonsultaMD doctors are well-trained to take your call.
In the near future, we’ll be having a new feature that allows you to choose your doctor so watch out for that!
I already called and consulted a doctor. Can I call again to get a second opinion from another doctor?
Definitely! Voice consults are unlimited so you can call as many times as you want. While there is no full guarantee that your call will be routed to another doctor right away, you can always try to call again another time and get a second opinion from another KonsultaMD doctor.
Is it possible to get information on the nearest specialist or doctor in a clinic/hospital?
Yes, you may inform the doctor about your location and they will do their best to provide you with the information you need.
I liked how the last doctor I consulted with handled my concern. Can I request for the same doctor the next time I call?
Due to the volume of calls, there is no guarantee that your call will be routed to the same doctor. Rest assured that all KonsultaMD doctors are well-trained to take your call and they are able to access your medical history on the app.
How sure am I that I’ll get an accurate assessment if the doctor can’t see me?
KonsultaMD doctors are trained to provide primary medical advice on basic healthcare and permissible medication over chat or over the phone. Please note that they only provide initial assessment, which should not replace physical assessment. Rest assured that the doctor who will handle your call or chat will inform you if there is a need to have face-to-face consultation with a doctor.
Are all consultations (chat, voice, or video) offered by KonsultaMD secure and confidential?
All consultations are 100% secure and confidential. By law and ethics, doctors are bound to maintain the confidentiality of each session. There may be limits such as if the patient is in danger or the people around the patient may be in danger.
We highly prioritize doctor-patient confidentiality, so we’d like to remind patients that taking screenshots, recording, and disclosing private conversations involving personal data, such as names or addresses, or other sensitive materials, without the consent of the involved parties is strictly prohibited.
Will the doctor still be able to interpret e-Laboratory results if I cannot upload through the app? (e.g. calling through the hotline)
Yes, you would just need to read your results to the doctor during the consultation.
If I require a prescription medication that requires S2 License, will KonsultaMD be able to prescribe?
No, KonsultaMD doctors cannot prescribe medication that requires S2 license since this type of medication warrants a face-to-face consultation and/or requires diagnostic examinations prior to prescribing.
Do you issue Medical Certificates for Fit to Work?
Yes, KonsultaMD may issue medical certificates for fit to work at the discretion of the attending physician. The issuance of the medical certificate will depend on the information gathered by the doctor from the consultation and if it follows KonsultaMD’s guidelines.